Monday, July 26, 2010

something to do

Ren found a movie. Of course, I'd never heard of it. Actually, it was my first time to venture this far. It was the last thing I really wanted. Spend the night, watching a movie with Ren. Not that I was disappointed. It was an old film with some old dude named James Coburn.

"I really love him." He just stared at the screen of the old western. I wasn't quite sure what he meant. As an actor or something entirely different. I glared at the TV screen. Perhaps it was a good thing not to know for sure.

"Oh." I cleared my throat. Really, the feline stuff was getting to me. "Why so many cats, Ren?" There had to be six. I hoped only six. Six too many for an apartment. I feared they might evict him.

"Why not?" He gave me a sly look, as if I had no idea what I'd just said.

I turned back to the screen then. It was good. Just the two of us on the couch. Not that I'd say it was cuddley, exactly. Just time. I guess. I stopped looking at the clock, after awhile. Would they ever be finished up, over there. It was all so tiring. Cowboys, I guessed, on film, blowing up things. Even a train. I was so tired. The whole day was beginning to run together. Before I knew it, I was dreaming of Jess and me on a horse, riding through a canyon, running from the bad guys, hoping not to get blown up.

Next thing I knew, I was waking up in my own salva on the couch next to Ren. Yuck, I thought, glad Jess didn't see that. OK, I wouldn't tell him about Ren. Really, there was nothing to tell. Except, he was next to me, with his arm on top of me. It was nothing. It wasn't.

But it was so late. Really awful late. Like two in the morning. Why hadn't my Mom buzzed me on my cell?

I got up and went back to my place. Naturally, someone had left on the lights. Dinner dishes still on the table. What was going on? What was really going on here? I wasn't sure I wanted to find out. I went to the bathroom. Finally, brushed my teeth and hurried to bed. No questions asked.

9 comments:

ivy said...

oh wow..what a situation.

ellie said...

I like the quirkness of Ren.

Anonymous said...

Hmm not good :(

Unknown said...

Oh boy. I am so intrigued with Ren.

lucy and sarah said...

wow, I wonder where this is going.

Becky Tjandera said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Becky Tjandera said...

Wow what's going on ?

Win a £25.00 ASOS.com voucher here!

Draffin Bears said...

Six cats!~ now that is almost like...the cat Lady from the Simpsons.

Happy week
C

so jade said...

That is a lot of cats and some sleep over..huh???