Friday, July 2, 2010

a possible date

It was hot at the book store. The ceiling fans weren't doing much good. Could have been just the humidity, but it had reached a lull, and I was so sleepy. So I went to bother Angie.

"You should come to the zoo with us." I pestered slightly. She was busy on her laptop. Naturally, she gave me a stare that I wasn't suppose to be talking. She stopped typing then and hugged herself in her desk chair. As she leaned back, I thought she might topple over. Really, she wasn't as cool as she wanted me or anyone to believe.

"Who's we?" Her mouth formed a nice round frown.

"You know." I didn't want to say his name. I'd mentioned Will plenty before and all I'd get from Angie, he must be a baby. He has to make his own friends. You can't make them for him. So I stopped saying his name.

"Look," she gave me a glare then looking over her nerdy glasses. "We've been over this. I'm too old for him."

"Its just going out. You haven't even met him. He's only two years younger than you. He's in the Airforce and he was in England a whole year or so." I explained as if he might be some world traveler she needed to at least see. "Its just going out, Angie."

She gave me a heavy sigh. "Look, I don't even remember the last casual date I even went on. I don't do dates." She fretted.

"This is just the zoo, Angie. The zoo. Sasha would come too." Didn't that sound like not a date. Just friends going to the zoo, acting like kids perhaps, but it wasn't a date.

"All right. Just this once." She frowned then.

I almost smiled, but I knew if I did, she wouldn't go.

7 comments:

Em [The Writer] said...

I wonder what will happen at the zoo.

lucy and sarah said...

Oh, I hope she'll go.

ivy's closet said...

Lets hope its great.

Absolutely Ladylike said...

My fingers are crossed...:-)

Happy Friday!

Cheers: Evi

ellie said...

sweet!

Draffin Bears said...

Oh a trip to the zoo, always fun!

I hope that you are staying cool and having a great weekend

Hugs
Carolyn

Unknown said...

hi ori
what a surprise

i am so happy to see you
in my small blog

how are you


i like this post
zoo haha :)
now adays animals come to cities
they are talking room i saw an animal beside my room looks like monkey harstyle and dress



happy weekend
XOXOX
naveen

http://smsjar.blogspot.com/